How do you lead when the world is so uncertain? Leading in uncertain times is a real struggle. Even for the most seasoned leaders. You can feel like you’re lost in a fog and can’t find the guidance you need to gain clarity. How can you get from where you are to being the leader your organization desperately needs?
In this episode, Jon discusses how to create a compelling vision, feel empowered and energized to lead with confidence, and grow your organization using a simple, attractive, inspiring, and practical framework with Michael Hyatt (‘77).
Michael is the founder and CEO of Michael Hyatt & Company, a leadership development firm specializing in transformative live events, workshops, and digital and physical planning tools. Formerly chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers, Michael is also a New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of several books, including Living Forward and Platform. His work has been featured by the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Inc., Fast Company, Businessweek, Entrepreneur, and other publications. Michael has been married to his wife, Gail, for thirty-nine years. They have five daughters, three sons-in-law, and eight grandchildren. They live just outside Nashville, Tennessee.
Michael’s latest book, The Vision Driven Leader, will help you discover how you can create a clear and compelling vision to grow your organization. And who doesn’t need that right now?
In this episode, you will hear—
- Why you need a vision for your organization — now more than ever
- What questions you can ask yourself to find that vision
- How Michael’s time at Baylor and in Waco shaped his future
- How Michael came to creating his signature vision framework for leaders
- What one resource Michael wished he would have had in every career transition
- And, how to sell your boss on anything
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- About Michael Hyatt
- Read Michael’s blog
- Get Michael’s latest book, The Vision Driven Leader
- Claim over $390 in FREE BONUSES with your copy of The Vision Driven Leader
- Find out more about Michael’s coaching program, BusinessAccelerator
Have you reviewed Direct Line?
If you haven’t reviewed our podcast yet, would you do that right now? You are our very best source for new listeners! And, we’d love to hear your thoughts. You can post your review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. We’re eager to hear from you and we do read every single review. Good, bad, or indifferent, your review helps us make the podcast better and remain your voice in the Baylor Family!